The Office of General Council (OGC) provides Preservation Hold procedures that will be followed whenever it determines that a litigation/preservation hold is necessary.
A summary of the Texas Public Information Act provides details about the definition of public information and exceptions to the public information act.
- Avoid using personal email account(s) for business.
- Segregate emails relating to research or student information into folders to enable quick identification, disclosure and preservation.
- Be thoughtful in sending and forwarding emails, especially in copying to "all."
- Strongly consider enabling "auto-delete" if the department or unit does not.
- Identify and preserve emails qualifying as state records.
See Email Management: A Legal Perspective for more information.
For additional information, visit the Office of General Council website.